09 November 2008

No riding..or...why I love toddlers

I was supposed to meet a bunch of the guys for the Saturday morning ride and had every intention of going, even though it was EARLY on Saturday. I felt a bit blocky on Friday night, but thought little of it and went to bed early. I slept soundly from 10pm until exactly 1:12am when I woke up in a cold sweat and horrible stomach pains. I tossed and turned for three hours and finally decided that the ride wasn't going to happen. I texted Doog @ 5:10am to bail, turned off my alarm and tried to go back to bed. I was awake until 7:15am, then finally nodded off again...then the kids woke up...at 7:25! My entire day was spent in, or very close to, the bed.
I consumed nothing but toast on Saturday.
This morning, Doog and I went to the Swap in Charlotte. I felt (and still feel) really puny this morning @ 6, but I perservered and drove to Lowe's Motor Speedway with a pocket full o'cash.
Turnout was light this year, in both attendance and vendors. The only real reason to go anymore is the hit the HealthNet booth and get screaming deals on stuff.
I bought a polo shirt and a computer...$30 total...and that was it. I could have bought more, but exercised self-control (shocking, I know!).
The vendors that were there ether had junk or really nice stuff. The junk was cheap, but I have a bunch of junk. The guys selling the nice stuff were proud of it and obviously didn't know that it could all be had on Ebay for less.
We blew through in a bit over an hour and headed back to Columbia. A stop a Five Guys ended the morning. The way my stomach has been for the past two days, this was a questionable decision at best, but I figured a greasy cheesburger would either settle my stomach or kill me. It was a push.
I still feel puny and I'm very tired...! #2 has been a bit sick, so it makes sense to reason that I have whatever he has...thanks buddy, daddy loves you!
Planning on riding Tuesday night @ 6, in the Fort...bring lights.

No comments: