25 August 2008

back on the upside...

After last week's bout with whatever I had, I felt like complete and utter crap on the bike Saturday morning. I should have known better than to go to Pasta Fresca Friday night and eat a bunch of rich, heavy food after having a bad stomach all week, but the wives were out of town, so Doog and I went to eat. I deviated from my normal meal and got steak and gorgonzola ravioli with cajun alfredo sauce. The meal was excellent, but it laid in my gut like a lump.
We did Double Elon Saturday morning, and fortunately, no one felt the need to light the fire. We averaged a blistering 30.8kph for 2.5 hours. We did wick the pace up on Pineview and Shop and it hurt more than it really should have. I railed the turn onto Shop and didn't sit up. Sorry Mick...! Reed, Scott and I kept it wound tight to the bridge
Sunday met us with cloudy and humid weather, but we still had a really good group. We did Double Elon...again, only to turn left and wind our way over to Chaingang. It's funny how long that road seems when you aren't on the rivet at 50+kph. Maria needed water, so we stopped at the store in Eastover. Once everyone had refueled, Jed got a nice paceline working and we rotated all the way to the end of Airbase @ 35-40kph. It was a good pace that allowed some folks to get some work in and others to spin some garbage out. I spun all of the crap out of my legs and even felt good enough to give Maria a helping hand over the rise. The longer we rode, the better I felt.
We ended with a tad over 3 hours on the bike and 55 miles.
It was a good weekend on the bike.

I just got back from the zoo...
Chasing a 3 year old and a 16 month old is freakin' tiring...

No comments: