28 March 2008

???

I can't decide if I had a good ride, or a bad ride last night. I felt horrible all day, and for most of the ride. My legs were okay, but my GI tract was angry with me. After we left the Fort, which included one of the quickest runouts on Hartsville Guard in recent memory, I had a hot, feverish, vaguely sick feeling. We rode tempo down Ridge while we waited on a few stragglers.
Horrell Hill was a quick paceline and then the pace went up.
We turned onto Airbase and Doogie jacked the pace. I slid into 5th wheel, right behind RW. I knew in my heart that he was going to nail it when he hit the front...and he did. Nothing like going 45kmh into a stiff headwind. RW is getting slight in the ass these days and his form is damn good right now, so I was forced to get as low as possible. Once I was as low as I could get, the hard effort started to pull my back, so I pulled through and sat up with CC Mark.
Everyone gathered up and rode in together. I tried to sprint on Shop, but just didn't get on top of the gear. It was a quick 55km before dark.

This morning, my legs are stiff, my back is stiff and my GI tract is still upset with me. The H.O. is coming home at lunch and we're taking the management trainees to the zoo. I'm sure that'll help my legs and back! Oh, and #1 decided he wanted to fingerpaint this morning. Normally, I'm down with whatever he wants to do, but this time, not so much. His medium this morning was his own fecal matter. Fortunately, his 'art' was contained to his little craft (crap) table. I was not amused. After a thorough cleaning with Antibacterial kitchen cleaner, everything is back to normal...well, as normal as it gets around here.

On the upside, my new carbon wheels are coming with brown Santa in a little bit.

See you fools Saturday morning.

No comments: