31 December 2012

Last of 2012

First, let's start with how a cyclist will be writing '2013'...

Woke up early yesterday to go out in the cold...for two reasons.  First, it was in the low 30s, and the knowledge that no one would appear for a ride was secure, and Second, the "under-the-lights" cross race from Diegem was starting @ 1130-ish.  As that fat redneck is wont to say...let "git-r-done".

Went out to grab the CX bike, and opted for the Ridley.  Didn't matter, as I did the same loop, wet dirt roads and all.  2 pretty damn solid hours on the bike, including one 25 segment at 90-ish%.  I hate chit-chat about power, and all that it encompasses, but hanging your HR at around 90%, and ending the pain on a 8km section of dirt road will, in fact, make you a bit stronger. 


And it's good for your soul!!  The downside from yesterday?  I'm all out of stuff to clean my bike...so it's still dirty, and an affront to my bicycle OCD.

No ride today, as The Boss had to go to work.  Like there's anything going on at an insurance company on NYE.  I think she really wanted to get away from Junior Management for a few hours....

Now,for some entertainment...

Loenhout CX


Namur


Diegem Women highlights


Diegem Men highlights


Full Diegem video isn't up yet...I'll post when it hits.  It's worth watching...

Anyway, see you folks next year...

Namaste





No comments: