22 December 2012

Funny how that works...

The title will be a two-parter...bear with me...

JBrstl and I met @ 10 this morning for a little CX bike action.  As it was below 40 @ 9, I didn't even bother to head to the road ride.  As an aside, it was 33 in Charlotte, and 50-ish showed up for the WBL ride....
Anyway, we headed out for some exploring, dirt, possible CX course recon, and as it turns out, some quality technicolor yawning.  Not me...thankfully I haven't vomited in nearly two years, and mine was a result of coming off anesthesia.  Mr. Bristol, however, did his best George Thorogood impression last night...



He claims not to have consumed a quantity of beers, but the specific gravity of each beer consumed went up as the evening progressed.  When you end the night with a 10-ish% pint of love, things the next can really suck.  (Insert post title HERE!) 

Regardless, the boy did the P&R, and we completed the ride.  It was a good 2.5 hours on the bike, on what was a breezy, but big-blue-sky day!

 Tell me again how cool it is to live in Minneapolis or Portland...

 Blue sky day..
Huh...he doesn't look bad for a guy who chummed the trail 30 minutes earlier...

I definitely feel better for going out this morning.  I needed to get the blood flowing, some fresh air, and perspective.  All things came to their fruition because I rode my bike.  (insert post title here)

We're riding Monday (Christmas Eve) morning, if anyone wants to join.  I'll send out an email shortly.  Come burn some calories before you destroy yourself with Christmas cookies...

Namaste...

No comments: