21 December 2012

Recon....



So...Junior Management and I loaded up in TheBeast yesterday, and traveled out into the darkest recesses of LexCo.  Kidding...we went to Swansea. 
In all of the rides we've done out there, the myriad dirt roads have always teased me.  I think I may have to do something about it.

Anyone down for another Roubaix/dirt road ride?  I can say, with some degree of authority, that the red clay roads in this part of LexCo are smoother than some of the tarmac roads in Lower Richland.  They're definitely better maintained! 

Many of them link together, so putting a loop together will be pretty simple.  The problem will be which roads to include.  There are so many...it's like Christmas!

Road bikes with 23/25 tires will easily traverse all of them.  There's nothing that will be walk-a-bike...or even close...

I'll put a loop together in the coming days, and send out the first emails.  The last Roubaix ride was a success, and was big fun for everyone.  Hopefully we will have some guests from Charlotte and Charleston this time around.

A few of us are planning to ride Monday (Christmas Eve) morning.  I'll post time and meeting place once we figure it out.  It won't be a deathmarch, just something to get some fresh air before family sucks the life out of everyone.



No comments: