16 December 2012

Well...at least I rode...

I rode three days this week after having whatever strain of cold/flu/plague that has infested my body.  All were merely rides, with the only one that was remotely interesting or fun being today.

Thursday Urban Ride...meh...should have gone out solo.  Turnout was anorexic at best, but did teach me something.  If the temps are below @ 50, there's little reason to venture over to Cayce.  It was 52 degrees, and the yelping about the cold was borderline incessant.  People...52 degrees isn't cold.
My heart really wasn't in it, so I peeled off and rolled home.  Still got almost 2 hours, and got rid of some 'stuff'.

Saturday was 48 and dreary, but a good turnout nonetheless.  It's a shame the group couldn't find it within themselves to stay together.  One good group turned into 3 mini-groups that were spread all over Lower Richland.  Dumb.  TVH and I had a good ride anyway.  

This morning was 55, damp, and threatened rain.  I showed up at the spot, waited the commensurate 5 minutes after the planned time of departure, and rolled out solo.  I thought the 15 minute grace period was over and done with since The Hive left the group.  Guess not...
I had a really nice spin ride out thru LexCo, got a bit wet, and had a really nice section of tailwind tempo on the dirt to get home.  Old State was in great shape.  I rolled thru Cayce, and up Gervais, into campus and Five Points, then home.  Got a nice 2:15 on the bike.  Speaking of, the Ridley is filthy...and I mean Flemish-speaking Belgian filthy. 

Whatever my loving children brought into the house is taking it's sweet time to make egress from my lungs.  Nothing like coughing like an aged coal miner for 2 hours of a ride! 

Picture time...

 Arenberg Forest in the fall is beautiful, if not a bit creepy. 

 And the Stelvio in Winter...brilliant.
Both shots courtesy of Jered Gruber...

One of these things is not like the other.  I'll let you guys figure out which belongs to Jose Rujano. 

Please God, let me break legs, and souls, today.  And I'm sorry folks keep saying that I'm you.

Euro CX vids tomorrow when they hit the intarwebs. 

I'm gonna go shoot guns now...

1 comment:

Junk said...

It was the Niels Albert show today...and I think I should be concerned my kids can pick out Sven Nys and Niels Albert from the Vier sports commentator's Flemish.