16 April 2012

What was that?

So I woke up yesterday morning feeling like I'd been on my feet all day, and made a drive to Charlotte and back...wait, I did...
Crunchy back and heavy legs met me for breakfast. I had a bowl of Kashi...
I almost bailed altogether, but Rule #5 swung into the kitchen and smacked me in the back of the head.
CX bike, party of two...your ride is ready...

HA! Suckas!
The Dirt was just fine, thank you!

700x33 file treads FTW!

I felt pretty flat as I left Service Course, but it was one of those rides that get better the longer one stays in the saddle.
Once on the dirt, things opened up and the speed and effort came free and easy. Instead of turning for home, I did the big loop, including poaching some prime double track on the property of a certain Lexington County chemical company.
Once I turned for home, the tailwind was giving me a nice push, so I knocked on the door of the PainCave. No one answered, so I let myself in...
15 minutes later, I left. It was a nice visit...

All told, a quality 2:15 was spent on the Jericho. I came home dusty (thanks big redneck truck on Old State) and happy. Moe's was consumed shortly thereafter...

Here's something to watch on your Monday afternoon :

Mavic @ Roubaix



And OPQS @ Roubaix



Ever wonder how they make the Cobblestone Trophy? Well, wonder no more...

I have a chunk of Belgian Pave. It holds the door open in Service Course...

No comments: