28 April 2012

Good Saturday CX ride

JBrstl and I met for a little Vitamin D this morning.  And it was gooooood....

In all seriousness, it was actually a really good, really fun ride.  We did my normal loop, but added some extra singletrack, then popped out onto Leesburg.  A tarmac section, and then on to Old Leesburg...up across and back into the trail.
All in all, we...well I...ended up with 2:30 on the bike.  JB had more as he rode over from his casa, then rode home again.  Poor fucker has/had an exam @ 2pm.  I'll be napping...

The file treads got swapped for the monster truck tires too.  700x40 baby!  Sure, they are plush, and handle like a damn dream in the woods, but on the road...well, there are two sides two a coin, eh?  Let's just say that the Clement 33c file treads roll a lot better...

Talk was thrown around of another Columbia-Roubaix ride as well.  I'll send out an email to gauge interest.  The loop was good last time, if a bit too long.  The maps says 93km...it was closer to 105.  Maybe a modification down to about 80km is in order.  I need to scout the loop to see what's rideable, and what's not.  Watch your inbox...and start looking for some Pave-grade tires.
I may actually make the effort to have some special guests come into town for the ride as well.

Everyone will be welcome...










No comments: