09 April 2012

And we're baaaack....

Holy shi-atsu...I'm a bit wrecked right now.

While working at a women only cycling camp is really fun and rewarding for the cycling soul, it's also really fucking tiring. I put down about 50 hours of work in 3.5 days. And how was your weekend?

Even though I'm tired, and only got to ride 3 hours over the weekend, I'm completely satisfied and centered. Being around 14 campers, and 8 staff (not including myself) who just love bikes, will do that for you.

Big thanks to Chad Andrews @ Totalcyclist for allowing me to once again be a part of the great thing he has created. I've made friends, and had experiences that will stay with me for a lifetime.

Okay, enough of the gushy stuff...

Jered Gruber's Roubaix pics...

How about BoomBoom? 60k? Yeah, I thought he'd lost his mind too. The ones who lost their minds are the collection of dumbasses who let he and Terpstra just roll away. What'd they think, he was jumping off the front to go take a pee? Simple fucks...



I know you all watched it as well, but here are a few highlights...



Tommeke has never had what could be considered "suplesse", but towards the end of the race, his pedal stroke was U-G-L-Y!! Pedal squares? Not quite. Squares would have been prettier. It looked like some sort of ratcheting was going on. No matter though, as he wasn't slowing down, nor was he coming back.

Riding with FORCE was the theme...

BoomBoom etched himself into the annals of both Roubaix, and true Classics heroes. It was like watching Museeuw or Tchmil ride away. Just brilliant...

One can't help but wonder how the race would have unfolded had Cancellara been in attendance. One thing we could have surely counted on from Fabian was at least one equipment failure...

Back on the horse tomorrow...should be interesting...

No comments: