23 April 2012

How was your weekend?

Saturday was a CX singletrack sort of day. Didn't feel great, but just ground it out. Funny part? I was within 1 minute of my usual ride time for that loop, AND rode about a mile longer on the singletrack. I definitely need to swap out the file treads for something more aggressive too. Too much sliding and lack of traction, even with my big rear end over the back wheel!

Sunday...well, it was wet...


And a bit sloppy...


And I came home with some stuff on my legs...


Two hours in 60 degree rain, wind and slop was still better than riding the turbo. Of course, as it usually happens, it stopped raining about 3 minutes for the house...

The highlights of the ride? I actually felt good, and I got honked at by a lady in a Prius WHILE she was pulling into church. The irony was lost on one of us...

The rest of the day was devoted to running around like a headless chicken to get things together for #2's birthday party, and making the effort not to hit my father-in-law in the skull with a parang, all while absorbing his passive/aggressive behavior. I guess haters ARE gonna hate...

To say I was spent at the end of the day is an understatement...

Oh, yeah...I'm 42 today...whoppiiieeeeeee!

No comments: