03 April 2009

Rain or shine

The rain yesterday was a downer, but I just couldn't bring myself to ride the trainer last night. I knew there would be no group ride and the H.O. decided she was going to work late, unbenounced to the rest of her family...
Once she finally made it home, I got my stuff on and ran out the door for a ride. I did the HoP(tm) loop and added a little bit to the end, including some parking garage efforts. I came home in the dark, but felt better for the ride. I left my cross bike outside, thinking I would take it down to the ManHole once I'd cleaned up...bzzzzt, wrong answer. I completely forgot about it until the H.O. asked me if cared that it was getting rained on. It's not that I care if it's wet or dirty, but leaving it in the rain was disrespectful and I for that, I am sorry!
90 minutes was enough last night. I threw a 25 minute effort in the middle for good measure.

And an open note to the fat ass in flip-flops, walking in the rain to the bar in the Vista...
Maybe you should channel some of your impotent rage into exercise instead of eating chicken wings and drinking $2 pitchers @ Wild Wing. Yelling obscenities at some guy who's just out trying to stay healthy is not a hobby. I know your even fatter girlfriend got a kick out of it, but it was a sophomoric effort at best. Do you think that being called a spandex-wearing-fag really bothers me? I've been called worse, by a better class of people! How did you feel after I responded by asking about your man-tits? Your girlfriend thought THAT was even funnier! She should have been offended, considering your cup size was easily larger than hers.
As Dean Wormer said..."fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son..."
You did kind of looked like Flounder, now that I think about it!
I may be wholly average as a cyclist, but when it comes to smart-ass remarks, I have my Pro Card!

2 comments:

Toby Porter said...

That was some funny shit. Was he a candidate for a bro? Maybe he forgot it.

MM said...

He needed the "Playtex 24 Hour Bro"!!