08 April 2009

TNCWC #5

Didn't ride as I am still recovering from my cagematch with the tarmac. The group was noticeably thinner last night as it was 52 and the wind was HOWLING. There was virtually no filler out and what was there was quickly shuffled out the back. And by quickly, I mean between laps 1 and 4.
The pace started high and stayed high. Bond hit the front and turned it to 11. Of course, the four following him included Ward, Doog, GW, and Coco. No horsepower there, eh?
After two laps, Doog and Ward got away and stayed away for a good long time. @25 minutes, the group caught them and the remainder of the race was lined out. The was no accordian, no sitting up, no bullshit. It was a night for the hardmen.
It came down to a bunch gallop with Coco showing clean wheels to Doog and Ward. SoPro said it was harder than Redlands, so there you go...
As for me, recovery is as recovery goes. Some things don't hurt anymore, some things have only begun to hurt in the last 24 hours.
Road rash is fine. Concussion fog is lifting. Headache largely gone. Ribs sore. Neck and shoulder pain are new, but getting better. I think I may have slightly separated it. I've done it a few times before and the discomfort is remarkably similar!
It woke me up last night @ 3a.m.
In turn, I medicated with a butylbital and two flexeril and grabbed a bag of frozen veggie soup out of the freezer to put on my neck and shoulder. The meds took hold and the lights went OUT. I woke up this morning in a puddle of water from the n0-longer-frozen bag o'soup. Thankfully, the bag didn't rupture!
I've been cleared to ride on Friday. For a fleeting moment, I considered doing the beer ride, but the threat of another concussion is very high on that particular ride, so I may just spin around by myself. If anyone wants to ride, hit me up...

No comments: