17 April 2009

Bizarro World

So I went out for the group ride last night, only there was no group. I guess the majority of intown people are either racing or have just given up.
Anywho, the small group that did show meandered out and continued meandering until we crossed Cabin Creek (full loop next week...it was dark when we rolled through the 'hood last night @ 8 and the shorter loop is 5 miles less than the full Elon route!). Philip and RW took off and we let them roll off before deciding to chase. They stayed away across the cut through and about 1/3 of the way up Clarkson. Beano took a suicide pull and brought it back...then promptly got blown out the back. At this point, it was 4 of us taking pretty hard pulls. We all stayed together until the end of the ride. Well, kind of...
Philip attacked on Shop, and seeing as I cannot stand to sprint, nor can I pull on the bars, I stayed behind RW and Reed. We caught the green light @ Atlas and I took my own suicude pull to close Philip down on the bridge. RW pulled through and I was done...tailed off on the run in to the sprint. It looked like Philip won. I caught back on at the turn and we rolled in.
My legs were good last night, but I just couldn't move around on the bike. I was forced to sit and just grind. No standing out of corners for the kid. I'd tail off a few meters before a turn and then just roll through as fast as I could to make up the gap. About a dozen of those on a ride tend to wear on the low back and hip flexors. Surprisingly, I could breathe pretty well. My ribs hurt, but I HTFU and gutted it out.
This morning, my back and ribs are sore, but I feel waaay better. I think riding actually helped the injury!
I may go out with the boys tonight to spin around. I guess tomorrow will be a solo ride since no one bothers to show up to the Saturday ride anymore...
Ride Sunday w/Il Prof. The normal spot @ 9am.

No comments: