14 April 2009

TNCWC #6

PV swept the top four spots...sounds like the timing went awry in my absence though...

I bailed as I really didn't feel like getting wet and having to clean a bike. Even though the rain had stopped, it was still wet. Call me a wuss if you like, but I'm recovering nicely from my tete-a-tete with the ground, so any unnecessary risk will not be taken by the kid.
I did, however, go to the ManHole(tm) and knocked out 65' on the trainer. My back and ribs loosened up after about 15 minutes and the rest of my injuries seem to be healed, so I upped the tempo to SST for the last 50'. Got a really good sweat and spin. I may venture outside to ride tomorrow night and Thursday. I have decided that racing this weekend is a bad idea, so I'm skipping Charleston.
My breathing is fine, but I can't pull on the bars out of the saddle, so racing will wait until the first weekend of May.
Still haven't bought a new helmet...wearing my old (uncrashed) Atmos...
The deciding moment @ Roubaix...

No comments: