21 April 2009

TNCWC #7

Windy...check
Big field full of HP...check
Full 50 minutes plus 2 laps...check
The field was pretty big tonight and it was full of HP. Breaks went and came back the entire night. The final break of 7 got away @ 40 minutes or so and included 4 PV guys.
Since the timing got screwed up last week, I jumped out @ 45 minutes to make sure the final laps were called correctly. With one to go, the break was still together and had 15 seconds or so. The pace must have gotten jacked in the bunch on the backstretch, because the break was all but pulled back.
Bond put the hammer down and crossed the line with a small gap. Doog was second and Coco third. Dr. LP finished it off in 5th. Another strong finish by the team!
Some old faces were out tonight too. The reason they were in town was not a good one, but it was good to see them nonetheless.
As for me, I actually felt better than expected and stayed in without suffering too badly. It was my first real sustained effort since eating it and I could tell a few things. My ribs are not 100%...not even close...maybe 75% or so, I've lost some fitness and my racing mentality hasn't quite returned yet. The first few laps, diving the corners was not an altogether enjoyable act. I settled down after about 20 minutes though. I'll be good to go next week.

No comments: