20 April 2009

4 days...

Nothing like trying to come back from injury by riding 5 out of 6 days. Maybe not the best plan since things went progressively downhill.
Thursday, as I have chronicled, was somewhere between okay and good.
Friday, I returned to the scene of my 'incident'. Didn't crash this time and felt decent just spinning around for 90 minutes.
Saturday, I doubted anyone would show for the Saturday ride so I did 6x5' intervals @ 97-100% on the trainer. I hate the trainer, but I can push myself harder on it than I can outside when riding solo and I only had to devote about 60 minutes to the effort. I felt decent, but really struggled to finish the workout. I worked on bikes for the rest of the afternoon.
Gordon's Cervelo...done...until today when I install the new, ceramic BB...
Ladd's Madone...done...bent chainring replaced...
Ladd's TT bike...done...cables pulled and brake situation handled...ready for the wind tunnel!
My Ridley...new bars installed, headset rebuilt, new tape, cleaned completely...
Sunday was one of those days when your head tells you to just stay home, but as is usually the case, I didn't listen. I felt pretty good going out through the Fort and out Percival to Screaming Eagle. Halfway up, the wheels came off the bus. Thankfully, Mrs. Der Kaiser wasn't feeling too chipper either and sat up with me. We struggled home together...slowly! I felt baaaad! I'm making the effort to drop some poundage off my big self, so I didn't eat a lot on Saturday night. I paid retail for that decision! I was brushing against a full-on bonk by the time I rolled into the yard.
#2's birthday party was yesterday afternoon, so I ate sammiches and cake, as well as breaking my own rule about 'no calories from liquid'! Sweet tea, will in fact, bring you around!
Crit Tuesday night...I'll be keeping time...
Peace!

No comments: