18 March 2015

This is a test...

There is little that will assess how one feels more quickly than a ride with some pace.
As of last night, I'd been Norovirus-free for 5-ish days.
The little voice in my head said, "Hey man, you're better...go ride!"
So I did...
The run out 12th was quick. Quick enough to split the group pretty easily. The 45-50kmh run out quickly indicated that I'm just not back to 100%.
I let the front group go. I probably could have stayed in, but turning myself inside out didn't seem like the smart play to make.
A nice little second group gathered up, and we pretty much stayed together for the rest of the ride.
If I had to assess, I'd say I'm somewhere around 80% right now. Just not fully recovered from The Devil's Cleanse.
And I rode the carbon wheels last night for the first time in probably 6 months. When paired with 25c Open Corsa SCs, and latex tubes, it's just a fast setup. And SMOOOOTH....

Quintana won Tirreno...and possibly the best trophy in ALL of sports. He's gonna win the Tour. Yeah...I said it...in March...

Lezyne is coming out with GPS computers. They look nice, have all the functions on needs, and are actually quite unobtrusive. Maybe a viable challenger to Garmin. The again, all they really have to do is operate properly, and they're better than Garmin.
The top end Lezyne will be compatible with both ANT+ power units, AND Di2. Kinda cool.

And speaking of Taipei, Road.cc found a few interesting things...
Not sure about the ControlTech one piece, carbon saddle/post deal. Looks like an expensive mistake when you knock your bike over in the driveway, and/or a jackhammer for your nethers.

Pucker up...and I don't mean your mouth...


Isle of Man. I'm still wondering how those guys sit down on the motos, what with their giant balls...
Seems like this song should be the soundtrack...



OK...it's cooler outside today, but the sky is blue, and the sun is shining. Go outside and get it on you!




No comments: