25 March 2015

Hello Spring...

That fine yellow crust that you came home with last night? That's Spring, and it's all over you.
After the ride, it invaded my sinuses, and woke me up at 2 a.m.
Holy headache Batman.
How much pollen is around you ask?
Well yesterday, I was sitting in my truck, and a bee landed on my hood. It began scooping the yellow death off the sheet metal.
"Screw flowers...this is much easier..."

Speaking of the ride, I did my best to control it out 12th, and it worked, for the most part. We were all together until Glenn, but the split always happens there.
We gathered back up, and continued on...until...
As normally happens, Gator was the issue. Well, not so much Gator, but the fact that the bigger part of the group didn't bother to roll slowly around the corner, thus leaving the stragglers.
I'm still feeling a bit puny, and am completely NOT fit, so I was in the straggler group...MAYBE 10 seconds behind.
Yeah...we chased back on...and it fucking hurt.
And I don't care what a certain rider has to say. At the top of Gator, we wait, or roll slow around the corner until the group is all together.
It's been that way for the last couple of years, and will be that way Thursday, and through the rest of Spring/Summer.
Try me...
Once into the airport, the back of my bike felt washy. Softening tire...
I figured I might make it home, but NOOOOOOOO! I did make back to the parking lot. Went to change it, and of course, the valve on the tube in my bag was about 5mm too short. Burned a Co2 cart, and said "F it..."
Kevin was kind enough to give me a lift back to Service Course. Normally, I'd change it, and limp home, but not on the carbon wheels. There's a reason my shit always looks new. I take care of it.
I checked the tire under the lights in SC, and nothing. No cuts, no punctures, no debris. Who knows? I'll check it again today before throwing another $15 latex tube in it.

So Cookie Cav was riding his new PowerMax2 cranks at San Remo. FSA cranks, taken apart, and put back together in a power unit. I think we've found the problem...

So yeah...this is happening...
I ain't scared...

The boys at Above Category posted this yesterday. It's this customer's THIRD F8, and 8th Dogma. Hey, it's only money...
I think this guy might be the customer...

Based solely on the GIF, Gerald Ciolek made the Carolina Panthers practice team. Now if he'd broken out with the Ickey Shuffle, I would have been truly impressed.

And last, but certainly not least, a quick dose of instant karma...
Yeah, he deserved that...

Time to order some tubes and Co2 carts.
Happy Wednesday, or as my children reminded me this morning, the last full day of school before Spring Break. Oh joy...




No comments: