27 December 2014

You have big happy Christmas only...

I hope everyone had a good Christmas. It was nutty around here. 3 in Junior Management makes for a LONG ass day. 16 hours if I counted correctly.
I woke up Friday with the plan to do a little effort, but little sleep, and the aforementioned 16 hour ass-whipping made for tired legs.
The plan quickly turned into just a ride...
Plus, the Powerstation was still HEAVY from all of the rain...
...not to mention the myriad branches, and not inconsequential pine tree, that had fallen. Being the good doobie I am, i cleared all of it, including the tree. It was quite rotten, and not altogether heavy.
You're welcome...
And a heads-up : the washout is BAD. The rain made it FAR worse than it's been in a long while.
The sun was out, and it was well into the 50s, so... #sunsoutgunsout  
And I saw this on the way home...
...which made the entire ride quite worth it...
We did a short loop this morning. 60km, as Statler needed to get home to see his daughter-in-Law off to the airport. It was pretty idyllic though. Started in the mid-40s, but was toasty by the time we turned for home.
A coat of Mad Alchemy was all that was needed on the legs.
Got home and took a summary beating in Wii Bowling from Junior Management AND my 66 year old mother. I need to practice...
As an aside, make sure you warm up a bit before diving into the deep end of Wii Sports. We played boxing and bowling last night for about 90 minutes. My shoulders were sore this morning. Pitiful, I know...
Now, I'm doing laundry, and trying to find places for all of the crap...I mean gifts...we all got for Christmas.

Such is the glamour of the DadLife...

Heathen Ride tomorrow at 0900 from Colonial Center. 100km. It's going to be warm, so any excuses will fall on deaf ears. We may check out some new roads...

And I rode my "new" Vittoria XN file treads on Saturday. Shoulder knobs? We don't need no shoulder knobs.
 I'm a bit flummoxed though. They felt, well...a bit "draggy"...like they didn't want to roll. I suspect my fatigue had a part to play, and possibly tire pressures. They're narrower, and have considerably less volume than the Clements, so I may not have been riding enough pressure for the road/dirt. More rides will be needed before I decide what I'mma do...
They look damn cool though...

Go outside and sit in the sun today. It's 60 degrees. Get some on you...

No comments: