24 December 2014

Spooky...

I rolled out solo to The Powerstation yesterday.
The surface was heavy. The wet sand/mud mixture just sucked the speed away.
And the drizzle and fog made for some serious Scooby Doo action out there...
A canopy of barren, creepy trees. Fog. And stillness. Nothing moving. No breeze. It was too quiet.
I rolled on anyway...
Not even a covering of leaves on the surface helped...
They were just slick...
Once back on the tarmac, the effort seemed minimal.  And the Black Forest again had it's Euro flavor...
After a loop of downtown, and up through the 'hood, I was back at SC. A bit wet, a bit cold, but glad I got on the bike.  And yes, I wore white shoe covers...
A genius, I ain't...
I thought about going out today, but it's Christmas Eve, it's raining, and people have lost their ever-loving minds. That's a recipe for getting popped by some entitled soccer mom in her Tahoe. I think I'll stay in...take a nap...
We're riding Friday morning @ 9 from the Colonial Center. A Boxing Day ride, if you will...all are welcome.

And if anyone is looking for something to get me for Christmas, this will do nicely...
Loves me some Vicky P. (photo courtesy : Esquire UK)

Everyone have a good holiday. Be safe.

No comments: