17 December 2014

Well...that was fun...

The night ride was a damn good time last night. All the way out to Eastman and back on The Powerstation.
FYI for you folks who like to Columbus...
The outer section, beyond the K-Rail, is really soft and loose.
Then we hit the new section of trail that leads from the dirt all the way to the boat landing. It's pretty freaking nice. Be aware though, as we discussed last night, if you crash just right (or just wrong) on part of the trail, you may very well end up IN the river. It's that close...
A quick cruise through town, and up into the 'wood, and I was back at Service Course. 2 solid hours.
And I rode in shorts last night...on the 16th of December.
Tell me again how nice the riding is where you live...

And a little PSA :
As we discussed last night, don't trepass, and poach trail. If there's a big, custom-fabbed, brightly-painted gate across a road/driveway, it means SOMEONE doesn't want you in there. I know some folks think they have the "right" to ride wherever, but you don't. It makes us all look bad. And as someone who rides the LEGAL part of that parcel of land at least twice a week, I'm going to be pissed off if I catch a ration of shit from the landowners, or the Law. And as plumbers are wont to say, "shit runs downhill..."
Just sayin'...

Thinking it's time to change pedals too. Either some new Crank Brothers, or some SPDs. The old CBs are way too sloppy, even with old cleats...
Of course, a new pair of shoes probably wouldn't hurt either...(hint hint)

Speaking of things to buy me for Christmas...if you're out on the intarweb, I'll gladly accept THIS...

OH DEER!!!


The guy is fine. He went over the bars, and landed on his back. A concussion and some scuffs. He's lucky. And take this video to heart. It can happen around here, and has...a few times. Looking at you Tipper...

Cipo is best...(broken English)


Cool on bike, and mic'ed up, video of a Scratch Race


And speaking of track bikes...
If you're gonna be a bear...be a grizzly.

In the days before Lawyers, and health insurance deductibles, this sort of thing went on...
Seems like a monumentally poor idea...

The Boss and I are going to her company holiday party tonight. If you know me, you know that I so enjoy these sorts of things....
I've already stated that I wasn't wearing a shirt and tie, which was not met with pushback. Shocked...I know...
The Head of the LexCo Office is coming over to watch Junior Management. I guess I should maybe clean up the house a bit, so it appears Eastern European peasants DON'T live here....

Enjoy your Wednesday...



No comments: