03 September 2013

No more white pants, nor white shoes...

Does this Post-Labor Day fashion rule apply to cycling gear?
No white shorts should be a year round rule, but man, I hope the no white shoes thing doesn't get factored in.
Of course, it will be an excuse to buy the new flouro Diadoras I've had my eye on...

Did a short ride Saturday, just blow some carbon out of the pipes.  Well in this case, it was whatever garbage was rattling around within my sinus cavity.  A lot of "carbon" went by the wayside.
Believe it or not, The Powerstation is in decent shape.  Well, decent is a sliding scale.  It's "decent" if one doesn't mind some smooth, fast dirt that's broken up by several large, stagnant, dank, waterholes.
I almost expected to see wildebeest at couple of them...


Vitamin D is good for a head cold, right?

Sunday morning, the group assembled, and rolled out into Lex/Cal.  Nice, easy pace.  Got rid of additional "carbon", and even put in a pretty fair effort on the run down Fish Hatchery.
Got home with 90km...in 90 degree heat...with 90% humidity.  Symmetry...
 
No ride for Labor Day.  Instead, I rolled out to the LexCo Branch Office, and did some manual labor for The Big Boss.  The house and sidewalks got pressure washed, some storm damage got repaired, and a few trees got limbed out.
My hands are useless bags of meat and bone this morning.  And yes, I AM a damn good son!
Sounded like the Caughman Road Labor Day ride had a good turnout.  Nothing like rolling an easy 50 in the flats on a beautiful day.

A Ti Look?  Uh, yes please...

Salsa Colossal disc bike.  First disc bike I've gotten even a little excited about.

World Championships are coming.  Above is a handy primer for picking out your favorite country/rider.

And I leave you with this...
As you sit at work today, after a long weekend, remember that some people have way worse occupations than you.  Others however, have it WAAAAY better...

My friend Mike 'Felix' Juenger took this out the canopy of his F18 over the weekend.  Yeah, his job doesn't suck....

Back to work people! 




2 comments:

Junk said...

My only question for Mike "Felix". Where's the bike rack?

MM said...

Mike is one of those crazy ultra-marathon guys. Sure, I'll go run 50k...no thanks.