22 September 2013

And that's the way it is...

Pretty good ride yesterday out in LexCo.  Nice sized group.  All were jovial, and seemed to enjoy the ride.  It was kind of nice to ride those roads again. 
That being said, I cannot see myself rolling out of the sack @ 5:15am with any sort of regularity to go do a 55 mile ride...IN TOWN!  Call me lazy...please, do it...I'm fucking lazy...
Big thanks to Vince for having us out! 

 Yes, that IS the sun rising!!
 I could put a house right there...and a CX loop...and a velodrome...
 I asked TVH if this was a grimace or a smile.  He said "Yes..."
 The little group of merry men...and woman. 
Is Il Prof waving, calling for help, or telling us to go on without him? 

Great roads out there.  Low traffic.  Roll-y terrain (3000ft. in 55 miles).  And plenty of cool stuff to see.

TVH ended up with more miles than the rest of us.  He neglected to turn off his Garmin, and it recorded the ride home.  I'd go ahead and put that section on Strava, and DARE someone to take the KoM. 

Twas a lazy Sunday morning @ Service Course.  Didn't really feel like dragging the Ridley out, so the CX bike got the call.  A solo jaunt out thru The Powerstation went off @ 8:30. 
Note to self : Do NOT leave bottles on the kitchen counter.  2 hours is a long time to be alone with one's own saliva.
It was a pretty damn nice morning, and a pretty damn nice ride.  I had no water, no music, and no computer. 

 Cockpit view.  FWIW, 7800 D/A is STILL the benchmark of 10v parts.
 Funky sky this morning.  Swirly winds...
 Still nice and green out on the dirt.
WWVID?  What Would Vanilla Ice Do? 
Did I stop?  Hell no, I just rolled by...
I did, however, Stop to collaborate, and listen...

Looks like the Tues/Thurs rides will come to an end this coming week.  Just not enough light...
Watch this space for details about the Urban Assault Ride.  When I know what's going on, you'll know...
I do know that it looks like there will be more than few CX bikes out this Winter.  Sweeet...

Hope everyone had a good weekend...



No comments: