29 September 2013

Two days, One ride...

I slept in this weekend...both days.  Hey...Don't hate!  It's a rare thing around here.  Get a wife, THREE boys aged 8 and below, then get back to me how hard your mornings/days are....
Saturday morning, I woke up late, and met our newest dirt road convert/enthusiast for a good ride through a bunch of pretty countryside that's ALL less than 30 minutes from Service Course.
Rox and I did 2.5 hours, and hit 5 sections of dirt.  Smiles were wide.

 See...smiles!
Big blue sky Saturday morning. (I did not manipulate this pic AT ALL!)

Upon return to Service Course, I did yard work, took a nap, and then took The Boss to Ruth's Chris for our anniversary.  12 years on, things are going swimmingly...

Sunday morning hit, and the urges to get out of bed, nor to ride a bicycle, were anywhere in my immediate vicinity, so I slept until 0845.  It was nice.  You should have been there...
Upon rolling my large carcass out of the rack, ratty clothes were thrown on, and the side of the house got a fresh coat of Lowe's best ultra white paint. 
I got leg and core work.  I hate that fucking extension ladder!
A short break was enjoyed @ 1130, to take in the end of the Men's WC RR from Italy. 



Looked like a LOVELY day in Lucca.  Then again, any day in Lucca is better than a day anywhere else on the planet.

Upon making the turn to the back side of This Old House, the discovery of yet more wood trim in need of replacement.  No sense to paint it, and a trip to Lowe's just wasn't going to happen, so I called it a day.  Another nap was enjoyed, and the brood returned. 

Weekend over...and it wasn't half bad!

Now, for your Worlds update(s) :









And Euro CX kicked off yesterday...



Weird to see these guys gunning it on dry ground, in the sunshine...
Oh, and that ditch they were hopping?  Think you can do it?  It was bigger than you think...
Pauwels gettin' it done...

And people complain about dogs on the course. 

OK, now that I've shot your Monday productivity in the keester...sorry about that!

And congrats to Cal!  We're starting pool to see when he becomes a father.  I'll give it 15 months.  Anyone wants some of the action, it's a $20 buy in.  Winner takes all.  Cal, you are not eligible...





No comments: