16 September 2013

Sorry about that...

I watered my grass yesterday afternoon, so I'll take the blame for the rain.  Don't want to think about what would have happened had I washed my truck too!

Another really good, fun ride yesterday.  Good group that stayed together, but still had some pace in parts.  I flatted.  Nothing like cutting a Vittoria, and slaying a $15 latex tube less than an hour into the ride. 
85km quickly escalated, and turned into 105km however.  Just out of Sandy Run, on 176, Calhoun County decided to "improve" their roads, and had ground off the top layer of asphalt.
Now, I'm always down for some Roubaix/gravel/dirt/crappy road action, but this was different.  This was bike eating territory.  Just not rideable. 
We turned, backtracked, and headed BACK up over the ridgeline, and added a solid 20km to the ride.  Sweet...

At least the Gods smiled on us, and gave a bit of a cross/tail wind coming back in on 12th...

 Heading into the valley...

 Mmmmm...BBQ...how is this place not open on Sunday?

Pretty serene out in the sticks. 

As we all know, Horner won La Vuelta.  The fact that he's 41 years old raises enough eyebrows, but he didn't piss hot, so who am I to say?
The USADA, in cahoots with AE (Spanish doping authorities), are doing their best to discredit the old boy though.  It was "leaked" this morning that he "missed" an out-of-comp test.
The story is complete and utter BS, and was either leaked by the Spanish, USADA, or both.
Horner updated his ADAMS (whereabouts) page, and the change was approved.  Not his fault that USADA and AE can't fucking read. 
The test was to be administered by the Spanish, on behalf of USADA.  Too many cooks spoil the soup.  And let's be honest, how many tests does a rider have to face?  Horner was tested morning AND evening in the last three days of the race. 
If he is/was on the AvGas, does one think he's dumb enough to be dosing, and have it in his body AFTER the race? 
I know USADA will say that the day after is the day the UCI said they could test, but why bother?  
So dumb...

Adam Hansen just finished La Vuelta.  That's SEVEN Grand Tours in a row.  23,000km of racing.  Crazy hard.  And it seems he has a good time while doing it as well....





Good on ya mate!

Bristol is bringing the USC Cycling Club back.  If you have a few extra bones, flip them his way.  And/or free up some cash to buy a kit.  I've seen the mock-ups, and they're SO FRESH.  Let me check to see if I can post the design...don't want to step on toes here...




Oh Baum...why must you tease me so? 

 Pssst...dude, you dropped something...


The bottles didn't want to be seen with the aero helmet either...

 And with that, I have burned enough of your time on a Monday morning.  Gotta get going and see if I can drop $100 @ Target...





No comments: