27 September 2013

That's that...

Well, the Tues/Thurs road rides drew to a close last night.  Fun ride, except for the whole "Leaving Service Course 8 minutes before the ride starts" b/c The Boss 'forgot' it was Thursday.  Uh huh...
I blew out, and opened the account (as Bristol would say) before I got to the stop sign at the end of the street.
I knew getting to Farm Bureau wasn't gonna happen, so I took the shortcut through the neighborhood, bombed a dirt road I'd never ridden before, took a few stupid chances, and got to the bridge by the steel mill in 16 minutes.  Should have had the GPS running, and created a Strava section.  That shit would have been out of reach for everyone not on a KTM Duke.
Matches were burnt getting there.  Fortunately, all of this put me well AHEAD of the group, and I could spin slowly down 12th whilst waiting to be caught.  It didn't happen until the turn @ Old Wire, so that was nice. 
After that recovery, the rest of the ride felt pretty OK.  Maybe I've come up with a warm-up plan?
The Urban Ride starts Tuesday @ 6:30.  Bring your MTB, CX bike, and lights.  Figure on 2 hours or so of big fun in the dark.
And do everyone a favor.  Don'tt complain about the ride if you've never bothered to have done it.  Show up, or shut up...

Not a big fan of the whole 'alleycat' thing, but definitely a fan of attractive women in well-fit wool jerseys...

Where's this, and when do we leave?

Wait...what?

Tell me again how steep a climb you did was...

If/when The Boss ever puts me out, I know where I'm going...

Link Dump :

Because having a carbon soft-tail sounded like a good idea.  Carbon likes flexing repeatedly on a single plane...

If being #FLOURO is wrong, I don't wanna be right...

Lemond threw a website together.  Ironic that as soon as I hit the 'purchase' tab, Norton Anti-Virus popped up and called the site 'untrustworthy'.  Prophetic perhaps?  And ordering a bike, paying for that bike, and having  it called 'a reservation'?  Another solid business plan from old Greg, huh?

Tony Martin beat all comers in the Worlds TT...on a 58 big ring!!!  All of you people who ride compact and claim to "SMASH" things, just stop it!  You aren't smashing shit.  For today, Tony Martin is the only person that can use the word "SMASH".
--as an side, we don't know Martin's power numbers, but Wiggins put down a 445w average...and 98rpm.  Insane...

Go check out my friend JB @ WTF Kits.  He gets it...

Everyone have fun @ Little Mountain tomorrow.  Good loop, low traffic.  Too early, and too much $ for the kid.  I'll be childless this weekend, so I'm sleeping in, and going out on the CX bike for a few hours.

Time to get the day started...



No comments: