27 July 2012

Pro-Tip...

Today's Pro-Tip...



If you encounter wild horses, or any wild animal, on a ride, remember that said animal has the ability to bite the shit out of you!

And I know I've posted this video before, but it merits a re-post...



3.5 weeks off the bike.  I can't tell if I'm itchy to ride, or itchy to sell all of my shit at this point.  I'm going to ride tomorrow morning.  Haven't decided if the turbo, or if I'll actually venture outside.  The "pain" has largely subsided, but the stiffness remains.  It was suggested that I spin easily, just to knock the rust off, and to get some blood flowing.  I'm down with that plan.  

Now to do a little work for the Boss.  We have to order a new vehicle, and I've been tasked with figuring out what oddball combination of colors and packages will yield the vehicle we desire.  Of course, the Toyota website is excruciatingly difficult to navigate, so the task will take longer than it really should.  Doing this did give us the Boss' current vehicle, so what's 30 minutes between friends?

And the Salsa is gonna get torn down this weekend and sent to the powdercoater.  As much as I WANT a new CX frame, one just simply is not warranted.  The Salsa is light, stiff, fits, and I own it.  With a new full-carbon fork, and the 7800 group, it won't be heavy, and my costs will be pretty minimal.  It won't be a "new" bike, but it will be just fine for what I'm doing with it...

And on that note, have a good and productive weekend.  Namaste.

No comments: