09 July 2012

Massa got me workin'...

Jesus...
Yes, I feel like the Mexican guy who lives around the corner.  The Boss has been off work since last Wednesday, and she's been working me like she picked me up in front of Home Depot.
200+ feet of wood fence pressure washed?  Check!
5 cubic yards of gravel and dirt removed from driveway?  Check!
11 6x6x8 timbers picked up from Lowe's?  Check!

And it seems like my days as a back-pimp are over, as I returned the back-hoe this morning.  One would think that running a backhoe is easy, relaxing work.  I'm fried.  My hands are dead from all of the above work, and I'm mentally just gone, like that I was ever really present anyway. 
Constantly paying attention to one's surroundings while operating a 2.5 ton tractor-like backhoe vehicle is taxing.  The opportunity to inflict damage to pretty much everything in a small/medium-sized radius is omnipresent.  Care must be taken...and that made my brain hurt!

Thank Dog she went back to work this morning.  I can get some rest...

This is much how our conversations have gone the past several days....

 Yes, Sagan rode a wheelie up the climb @ Belles Filles.  Badass...!  Video is below...yes, he is riding a wheelie with no hands...

Look, it's the new Clif Bar flavor...salt-cured pork meat....

She must work out...(name the movie...not a hard one!)

Still off the bike.  Knee is getting better.  Still sore, and a bit painful, but it seems all of the manual labor I've been engaged in has served as a sort of physical therapy.  A couple more days off the bike...
And I'm sort of glad I missed the WeCola ride last Thursday.  According to Il Prof, there were a couple of incidents.  A crash due to over-lapping wheels, which is pretty silly on a group ride, and a bicycle vs. car run-in because someone was a bit too eager and ran a red light (the bike).
Guys...it's a group ride.  Running the stop signs @ 321, and running lights?  Really?  Folks in cars are already trying to kill us!  Don't make it easier!

Okay...gotta jet...
Have a Good Monday!

2 comments:

Parklane said...

Almost offended about the mexican/home depot thing but...

My family is Hispanic and every time we get together I, being the youngest, tallest and strongest, get to do all the labor and crap they have saved up over the few months I was away.
Sunofabitch!

dinosore said...

Dumb and Dumber for the movie quote answer...