22 July 2012

Back on the horse...a little...

So the knee isn't so painful anymore.  If you come to this little page of dumbness regularly, you know my intense disdain for the trainer.  That has not changed, but the dirty bastard will serve a purpose over the next week or so.
Instead of riding outside, and trying to go too hard, or even falling off the bike...again, I rode the turbo this weekend.  An hour Saturday, and an hour Sunday.
The leg is stiff, but it rolled around without issue.  This shall be the schedule for the next week or so.  Plus it's hot as balls in the ManHole(tm), so while I'm not exactly getting any fitter, I'm sweating like a Lindsay Graham Republican.

And I watched the 2011 Roubaix DVD.  I'd forgotten how big of a pussy Hushovd was in that race...

 Au revoir Big George!  Thanks for the memories.  Maybe we'll see you at Donaldson Center...

 I wore my Doc Martens this morning while watching the stage into Paris.  It just felt right...

 Wiggo wins.  Stamps his authority on the final TT...like a BOSS!  Some said the Tour was boring.  Those same people have probably only watched the Tour since Lance won #5.  No frame of reference.  If you watched the Indurain years, then you know boring...

 Och showing that they only has SMedium shirts left at BMC Service Course...


 My favorite photo of the Tour...

Brian Holm looks pissed.  I would be too.  Zero results.  Highest placed rider in 27th...and it wasn't the angry midget.  He finished 32nd.  Stick to the Classics boys...

I'm ready for a beach trip...

Peace and Phil Wood grease!

No comments: