25 May 2012

T-Minus 21 hours...

...and counting...
A few things are on tap this morning, then it's time to pack up the Boss' company car for the trip to Pennsyltucky.  Not taking the Yukon XL, as the wife has claimed it for her own.  Of course, she IS schlepping three children and all of the crap that goes with them to the beach.
On the gasoline tip, the Yukon drinks it like a rapper drinks Cristal.  The Terrain isn't much better, but the gas is ostensibly free, as it's a company car.  Sweet...
The downside, there's only room for one bike inside.  The Helium is getting the call.

Spencer said this ad was rejected.  I wholeheartedly disagree!  It should be the next print ad in every magazine...

WHAT.  THE.  FUCK?  The new Campag TT crank.  I've seen clubbed feet that are more attractive.  Italian style?  Sure, if those Italians are at the Jersey shore...

I never realized that Cavendish was so little!  He seems to be a really good boy though...

Read the caption...Jered is so good!  And the Giro is easily the biggest piece of eye candy that exists in cycling.

Small(er) ride last night.  Only about 35 or so showed up...
It was smaller still after the National Champion and his little band of brothers rolled out five minutes early.  It begs many questions.  I guess he's tired of getting shelled out the back, so he's leaving early?  Whatever...they get caught every time, so the point is moot at best...
And special thanks to the dude on the brand new Fuji and his brand new Hincapie kit for telling me how to take a pull last night.  I pulled through and immediately came over, as one is wont to do in a large group.  He pulled up, 'educated' me and rolled through.  I asked him if he noticed that I was on 35mm wide knobby tires, yet still taking pulls.
I guess this sufficiently irked him, and he took some huge hero pull into the headwind.  Irony?  After this hero pull, he couldn't catch the line as it went past him.  Derp...
I turned left onto the dirt and came home after that.  I had zero urge to do the whole ride.  The way my luck runs, last night would have been the perfect time to get taken out by someone riding over their head...less than 36 hours before ManCation.
And as the sign so correctly states...


I'll update again at some point on Sunday, after my first ride/exploration down into Delaware.  I've mapped out a good 40-50km loop that includes a 2 mile dirt road climb.  Sweeet....


No comments: