03 May 2012

It's C-O-N-spiracy...

The stars seemed to have aligned against me this week.

Tuesday,  I started feeling really poorly around lunchtime.  By 3, I felt bad.  By 5:30, as I got my stuff together to go ride, I felt like abject shit.  The bike went back to Service Course, and I curled up on the couch.   The time?  6:02.
I woke up, dazed, utterly confused, and soaked through with sweat at 8.  WTF?  A quick, COLD shower, and it was off to bed.  My eyes didn't see light again until the alarm went off @ 6:15 the next morning.
Woke up, did my routine, and slowly got better as the day progressed.  Weird...

Yesterday, as I was feeling a bit better, the plan was to go out for 90 minutes and just spin, to see what happened.  Excitement grew when FedEx hit the door at lunchtime with my new Kenda Happy Mediums.  Sweeeeet!  I would get a quick spin, AND start a new product test....

Bzzzt!  Wrong answer!  The Boss was visiting a satellite office, and stated, and I quote, "I'll be out of there early, and home before 5, so you can go ride."
My Droid powered paperweight rang AT 5, and the voice said, and I quote again, "We're just leaving Spartanburg...I should be home by 7."

Spartanburg?  WTH?  She said she was going to Anderson.  Whatevs.  Once again, the bike went back to Service Course.  She actually hit the door at 7:30...

Now we've come to today.  No ride tonight either, as #1's school picnic is happening @ 5:30.

Tomorrow you ask?  Nope...gotta take the Junior Management team to the Lexington Branch office for the weekend.

Looks like Saturday is the next time chamois will meet Selle Italia...one can hope...

I guess I needed the rest...

Now to buy a pair of bibs to replace the Capos that were brought to ruin by a large pine tree two weeks ago.  The survivability of high dollar lycra shorts is very low when they meet an immovable object.
(Note : Don't wear the Capos in the woods...dummy! -Ed.)

Anyway...time to map out some loops in Pa. for ManCation...

No comments: