18 May 2012

So this is living in Portland?

If living in the PNW is like this, I'll gladly stay in the "backward" South! 5 days of rain, and one day on the bike has made me (more) difficult to get along with. The highlight of my week was that I could actually get on the bike on Wednesday afternoon. JBrstl and I did I nice CX spin, and ended up at Summit for the Ride of Silence. Big turnout with nearly 70 riders on hand. Good coordination by Tim and PCC. Big thanks to the West Columbia PD for absolutely locking down traffic. We took up a whole lane, and they kept us safe! Best part of the evening? Getting shushed by an extremely vigilant 10 year old. Excellent!

 The rain is supposed to subside, and El Sol should make an appearance tomorrow...Maybe we'll get to ride in the Sun.



Now, are these of any aerodynamic benefit?  I mean, I understand the skinsuit part of it...

With all of the rain, I was going to ask her if she'd loan me her full fenders.  Yes, Junk, there's a bike in that photo!

Who went from 55+ km out and made Roubaix his bitch?  THIS GUY!!!

As badass as BoomBoom may be, he's still not   ^^^^^  THIS GUY!

Oh well, end of the week....
Only one week until ManCation.  Of course, I'm going to Pennsylvania in the Spring, so it'll probably rain to whole damn time I'm there too.  Rides will happen anyway...

Hope to see folks on the road tomorrow...

Namaste...

2 comments:

Junk said...

Fenders? Where?

MM said...

Fenders...chrome ones...right between and below...wait, what were we talking about?