11 May 2012

Friday

Guten tag peeps...
Not a whole lot going on...so here's CBS coverage from 1988 Paris Roubaix.  You 'back in the day' boys should watch it.  You may learn some things...


I sent out an email about a Roubaix recon ride for tomorrow.  Looks like Bristol and I will be going alone, as the excuses began to fly fast and furious.
The "Tour de Midlands" is tomorrow as well.  I guess folks would rather do a ride that costs $40, and starts at 0700.  Yeah, you read that correctly.
I did this ride a couple of years ago, and it was great...when it left at 0900.  The logistics involved with a 0700 ride start are such that I cannot fathom going out there.
Long story short, I'm not getting up before the clock hits 0500 to do a ride around the lake...that costs $40.  I guess they're taking the 8-9 hour century riders into account, as painful as that sounds.  And to be honest, there's ZERO reason a cookie ride should cost $40...

Funny part, every time we make the effort to get folks together to do a loop of the lake, the excuses fly.  Cyclical?  Perhaps...

Here are today's Giro stage highlights...









Have a good weekend.  There will be photos and video of the dirt recon ride so folks can see that it's not quite as scary as believed.

Namaste...

No comments: