05 March 2012

Ahhh...Monday!

So, this is an overlay of Wiggo's TT position compared to Andy Schleck. Will someone PLEASE take Schleck to the damn wind tunnel? Christ, I'm 42 years old, could lose (more than) a few pounds, and have a bad back. Even I can get more aero than Schleck!
Never win the Tour with that position...

Cav's scooter is, in fact, cooler than yours...

This should help any gloomy Monday thoughts you have...

So Friday night, it became quite clear that any Saturday ride I chose to do would be an affair that involved water, sand, dirt and grit. Lo and behold, I was correct.
I slept in, and got on the CX bike @ 10, right when the big part of the storm had passed. The WeCola Remix Dirt Loop got the call. The rain began anew when I got to the end of 12th St., and continued for the entire dirt section around Eastman Chemical, down Old State. As soon as I got to the new waste treatment plant, it stopped.
As it happens, detritus that had accumulated on my exposed, embrocated flesh dried out. I returned home wearing what amounted to a light meringue.
Even so, a ride in 63 degrees and rain still trumped the turbo. I should really clean the CX bike today...

Sunday, we headed into Calhoun County. The ride was pretty uneventful, other than the summary ass-kicking we took from the wind. There was no headwind...no tailwind. There was just a cold, swirling maelstrom that made 90km feel like much, much more. Coming in on 12th St., I seriously considered getting off the bike, sitting in the sun, and calling the Boss for pick. I wasn't bonking, or out of power. I was out of the want to ride anymore for the day.

When I got home, I just wanted to put the bike away and eat a nice proscuitto and mozz sammich on a hard roll. Upon rolling to Service Course, I noticed that the key to the front door was hanging at an acute angle. I tried to gingerly coax it back to prime operational position, only for it to break off CLEAN in the lock. Strike one for Management Trainee #2...
After chastising #2, cooling off, showering, and making the aforementioned sammich, I sat down in front of the 50 to eat. What did I spy with my little eye?
#2 thought it would be amusing to toss the rag he was using to "help" his mother (The Boss) clean, at the TV. Well, it found it's intended target, and left a big schmutz of who-knows-what on the screen. Have I mentioned that I do not own a plasma TV cleaning kit? Consider it mentioned...
Strike 2!

One more, and he would have been the inaugural student in the new kindergarten program at Valley Forge Military Academy.

A trip to Lowe's for a new door mechanism and lock, plus a 1x3 and a trip to Target for the cleaning kit immediately followed consumption of my oh-so-good sammich.
Construction and installation and cleaning filled the next hour. No rest for the wicked...

On the upside, my new parts are beginning to trickle in. Just waiting on the Rotor Cranks and shifters to hit...

Breath deep people, Tuesday is on the way...

No comments: