30 August 2010

No gnus is good gnus...

Nothing much to report here. Didn't ride yesterday, but changed out the crossbars on my roof rack. 48" bars went away in favor of 58" bars. Thhought for a moment about using the 78" bars I have laying around, but it would have looked re-donk-u-lous! With the 58" setup, I can carry 5 bikes on the roof. Likely never will, but nice to know that the option is there.
Smashed the piss out of my hand and bled a little bit of my own blood. Also wicked up the flame on my OCD during the install. Minute measurements, making sure everything is square and straight and OCD just do not mesh well. I must have walked around my truck, eye-balling it and whipping out the tape to measure, a good 35-40 times.

I did take the M.T.s to the rivertrail so they could ride. #1 is cautious and tentative. He just rode as I jogged beside him. #2 has a little bit of downhiller in him. He bolted down one section of trail, crossed the bridge and made the 90 degree turn at the bottom...all at about 20mph. Sure, not fast by our standards, but for a 3 year old on 12" wheels and no brakes, it's hauling ass! The H.O. yelled and screamed for him to slow down. As is the norm, it was a waste of breath on her part.

The Vuelta started...I watched the TTT, but haven't taken the time to see any more. Maybe tomorrow...

#2 is off school all week, so my morning rides have been shot in the keister. Guess I'll be riding in the evenings, when it's not cool outside. Great...

No comments: