05 August 2010

Friday...

I was going to write something in this space about the Lance doping investigation and how it compares to douchebag baseball players, but I really just don't feel like getting into it. If you follow this blog at all, you know my feelings about Lance and his doping issues...never failed a test BTW! You also know my feelings on baseball players (juiceheads...all of them), so I'll just turn and quietly shuffle away...

Did someone throw a grenade? Check this video...


Taylor Phinney meets the Dutch pavement...welcome to the show kid...


I've done a bit of riding this week. 5 rides as of this morning, including a double yesterday and a spin this morning. Nothing of note to write about other than the new pavement on Dixie is sublime...
I also broke a cleat last night about 30 minutes into my second ride of the day. I could still clip in and out, but the cleat itself was moving fore/aft with reckless abandon. Probably my own fault (@99%) since I modified the baseplate so it could be placed further aft on the shoe. Luckily, it didn't damage the shoe itself. Although I do need to call my lovely Anglo/Italian bird @ Diadora UK to see what she's up to...

4 years ago yesterday, our good friend Big Jonny got smashed from behind by a drunk driver while out for a spin. The big man was in bad shape for a long while. Fortunately for all of us, he back to normal (hard to determine a baseline) and nearly finished with his high falutin' Law School learnin'. Jon is a good man, a good husband and a great father. The World is better b/c he's still in it.

Speaking of good things, La Gata picked up her newest and bestest buddy this week. My pal Billy was the good do'er that got the ball rolling for the little pup.

Trying to decide what next week will hold, as I will be single parenting. The H.O. is going to Colorado for a conference. Yeah, you enjoy the front range, I'll hold it down here in the hellhole.

No comments: