01 December 2008

Yes, we did...

...no, not that dumbass Obama stuff!!!

Doogie and I waited for the break in the rain yesterday and rode in the wet, cold, pretty damn miserable weather. We decided to do the urban assault loop backwards. It was wet and the roads were providing less than optimal traction for cross tires, so there were exactly zero efforts made yesterday.
We did almost die at one point though. Doog pointed out a break in the trees down near the canal locks and queried, "I wonder where that goes...?". It was more than likely a rhetorical question, but I turned down the hill and headed for the break anyway. About 25 meters into the nearly cleared open area, the dirt turned to deep, deep mud. I rode into the heart of it and just stopped. I almost went over the bars. I would estimate the depth at @ 6 inches. We slogged out of the muck and while I stomped my feet and banged the Salsa on the ground, Doog headed for the canal to wash his bike.
After our excursion, we headed back up into downtown, made a slight detour to harass Dr. LP at his 'house of the month' and then headed back.
It was a pretty dreary day, but a good ride was had nonetheless.

No comments: