28 December 2008

Crusty's back....and the Sunday ride

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/dec08/dec28news


Sunday ride report

I sent out an email about a week ago, thinking that some folks might want to do something different...I guess I was wrong. Mick, Timberlake and I met @ CC this morning, only to ride up the hill and join the assembled group at OutJokin'. I wanted to go to Calhoun County, but the best laid plans...you know the rest...! People just do not know what they're missing by not riding over on that side of the river. Doog and I will be over there a couple times this week.
It was a good ride nonetheless. We had a decent group of 8, including another guest appearance by Ben Jones. Timberlake and I rode on the front for pretty much the entire way. Nose in the breeze makes you strong like bull...! No great news to report from the ride itself. Old Tuesday across to the Swamp and back in. I ended up with right at 3 hours of ride time and just shy of 60 miles once I factor in the commuting from Point A to B to C back to B and finally returning to A...did you follow that? I think I lost myself...! :)
Doog and I are riding @ 9 in the morning from the gate. 2-ish hours...easy spin...

Don't forget, this coming Sunday, January 4th, is Toby Porter's New Year's Day ride. The ride leaves the Peak DMV @ 10am, SHARP!!!!!!! 60-ish miles of fun around Lake Murray. It's a good time! Ya'll come!

2009 NYDR

No comments: