14 December 2008

what a difference...

...a day makes!
Saturday wasn't necessarily a BAD day on the bike, but things just kind didn't go in my favor. The H.O.'s Christmas Party was Friday night, and as is tradition at these things, I ate waaay too much heavy food and, at minimum, one too many desserts. Saturday morning met me with heavier legs, a bloat and general malaise.
I felt okay on the bike, but there was no snap. On Old Leesburg, my pedal stroke felt really weird and I realized that my cleat had moved. After a week with the new shoes, the bolts obviously needed to be re-torqued. I stopped and tightened everything up, but the group had other plans. Lets just say that I chased all the way to the end...alone.
The rest of the ride was uneventful and I starting feeling better the longer we were out.
Coco had a mech and brought his C'dale to the house for a repair. I knocked it out in short order, of course...
Sunday was a crap day weather-wise, but I felt pretty good on the bike today. We left with Il Prof's group from OutJokin' and headed out through W.Cola towards Calhoun County. Too much fiddling about and people blowing on the second bump on 321, in combo with wind and pissing rain, led Doog, Coco and I to up the tempo on the run out to Gaston. We weren't going to wait and get wet(ter) and cold(er), so we turned right and headed across to Hwy6, then made our way down 6, back into Columbia.
We had a great tempo section of the ride, took equal pulls and stayed between 35 and 45 kmh for the hour or so before we got back into town. That may be our new loop to get some hard wok in...
8 hours on the bike makes a good rest week...

No comments: