29 November 2008

A pass...

Turkey Day was Thursday and we actually had a group ride...shocking. There were 6 of us, but it beat my usual Thanksgiving cross bike solo ride. We did the regular Thursday Elon loop at a leisurely pace. The headwind on Airbase was pleasant. Rich and Maria turned off to head abck into the Fort and the rest of us soldiered on. 2.5 hours and 45 miles before eating dinner was good for me.
Friday, Mandrus and I were the only intrepid souls out on what was a perfect day. Warm, little wind and bright sun. We did a meandering loop of LR and came back into the Fort. Instead of turning on Hartville Guard, we continued around and did the remainder of the loop. Good ride and good conversation. It's a shame the old boy is moving away. I'll miss him.
I got just shy of 3 hours and right at 50 miles...another leisurely ride.

The H.O. and the M.T.s were out of the house last night, so I got some good sleep. The weather was supposed to be bad this morning, and it is...48 and steady rain. I took a pass...
Casey sent me a few texts in an attempt to shame me into riding with her in the soup. No thanks! My 38 years have taught me that there's a fine line between hard and not smart.

Of course, I'll probably ride tomorrow...rain or shine...

No comments: