22 December 2008

You don't know Jack...


I was just reading another 'cycling' blog...not important which, as I feel that the owner of said blog now owes me 5 minutes of my life and I wouldn't saddle you nice folks with the same waste of time.
He was talking about GOOD tubulars and actually had the balls to utter the word "Tufo". Talk about a head scratcher. I know Tufo tubs are light and they have a high thread count, but that doesn't help the fact they they are prone to failure and ride...well, like complete shit.
If you want a good tubs, either go German or Italian. Conti, Vittoria and Deda makes absolutely the BEST tubs under the sun. There's a reason pro teams ride re-labeled Vittorias, and it ain't vanity.
If anyone ever utters the "Tufo" in your general direction, laugh at them, aloud, and simply turn and walk away.
I may not know much, but I know that the only use that a Tufo tub excels at is keeping my 6 foot fence gate closed in high wind.

No comments: