21 December 2008

I don't feel bad...

...but I can tell I have a head cold.
I was supposed to go out and ride with Bond and the NE crew Saturday morning, but I woke up @ 4:15am in a cold sweat and could feel the old sinuses draining down the back of my throat. Sometimes, discretion is the better part of valor, so I bailed. Doog and Coco went out and repped PV by dropping everyone but JB. Bond didn't ride either, as he was a bit sickly and was driving the porcelin bus all Friday night and into Saturday. Treze got shelled like a boiled peanut and hitch-hiked back to Bond's house. Who the hell picks up a guy in lycra, in Ridgeway, and drives them home? Wonder how the old boy renumerated his chauffer?
This morning, Doog, Coco, Meat and I went out for an easy 2+ hour spin in the wet and wind. It was really a nice morning to ride. I'd rather go out in the crap @ 9 than piss my whole day away waiting for the weather to clear. I just can't understand waiting until 10, or after, to go ride.
I feel much better today and fortunately, my cold hasn't migrated south, into my chest. I could breathe just fine and the legs felt pretty good. I'm a bit ahead of where I need to be, but hopefully, it'll pay divedends.
The H.O. is off for the next two weeks, so a good block of training is staring me in the face. Time to start doing some structured stuff...oh joy!

I just noticed, after Coco asked me, the SoPro's link disappeared. I deleted another link and someone three got wacked. SoPro's link is back up. Sorry for any confusion. I didn't kill it on purpose...

No comments: