03 December 2008

Darkness everybody, darkness...

DH and I did a road loop last night in the dark. I can say with certainty that 42 degrees in the dark in colder than 42 degrees in the sunshine. I think part of the issue was the fact that my feet were really cold. I rode my new Diadoras last night. They are light, stiff and fit very well. They are also ventilated better than my old shoes. I had on the white, oh-so-Euro shoecovers, but they were of little help. Looks like heavier covers are called for with these shoes in cold temps! Of course, I'll get white ones...like you had to ask...!

We did a modified loop in and out of the Fort and ended up with right at 90 minutes on the bike. This week will be a bit of an easy week. My back is starting to feel good again and the legs are coming around, so it's better not to push it. The spin last night was just the ticket.

I may take Thursday off as we're planning to do 3 hours on Saturday and 5 on Sunday. I think an easy week with 10 hours on the bike is good enough. :) Or I may do another road loop and have 12-ish hours for the week.

Saturday- 9a.m. @ the Gate
Sunday- 9a.m. @ Outjokin' for Dean's ride. He'll be sending an email shortly...

No comments: