02 October 2008

It's coming...

The 1st Annual Columbia-Roubaix road ride. I've hashed out three versions of the route. The shortest is 92km with 6 (or so) dirt sections. The longest is 108km with 10 dirt sections. The dirt sections are all hard-packed and none are longer than 2km.

Version 1 (108km) 10 dirt sections....
http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/sc/columbia/576728627367
Version 2 (105km) 12 dirt sections...more dirt!!
http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/sc/columbia/517035642287
Version 3 (92km) 7 dirt sections...This is a final map for this ride and will likely be the ride that is done. All of the dirt sections are smooth-ish/hardpack.
http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/sc/columbia/899793359951

At some point, I will sit down and figure out the length of each dirt section...

Feel free to give me feedback and ideas on when this should occur. Doogie and I will likely do V.3 in the very near future. Watch the blog for updates and/or new/modified routes.

No ride for me tonight. I'm going to continue my 2 Weeks of Sloth World Tour. I'll be out Saturday morning.
And from the 'News that you can use' file...HealthNet (or whatever they'll be called next year) will be riding Kuota framesets...very interesting...more to follow...!

2 comments:

LL said...

looks great! Road bike? No cross bike, right?
Will hook up and do it. First, racing this weekend x 3. Then taking two weeks OFF and doing all the stuff you are not suppose to do while training!

MM said...

Road bikes will be fine. I chose the dirt sections on the route because they are all easily ridden...no hike-a-bike or choppy gravel. I have 4 yes votes right now...and I posted this less than 12 hours ago!
I'll probably ride my cross bike, but with road tires. I may have another road bike by then...