18 October 2008

Saturday

I'm glad I got out this morning, even though it looked like a wholly shitty day. Doogie rolled over and we left @ 9:15 on the cross bikes for an urban assault type of ride. We did the normal cruise up through campus and out through the north side (insert gang sign here) and dropped into the river trail. I made the mistake of following on the very wet gravel/mud road that leads to the locks. I had a very Belgian appearance after this short section.
We rode the river trail all the way to the end and who did we see running? Crusty, Mrs. DK and Deb. Crusty looked extremely ghey in his skintight long sleeve shirt.
We went up past Governor's Hill and through the Vista. Then across to the fairgrounds and out to Heathwood. A big, very windy, loop followed as we rode back to the stadium. Doogie found a cellphone and the guy actually called it. We returned to his tailgate at the stadium (good karma for all) and rode back to the house.
I lightened the good Doctor's pocket by $200 for a set of wheels. A bargain if I do say so myself...!
The H.O. and #1 are out and about, so #2 and I are getting some QT...well, he's playing and I'm on the intarweb, but the house is quiet.
Looks like 8:30 in the morning for Il Prof's ride...be there! It's a good ride.

Oh, and I bought another bike...more to follow...

No comments: