29 October 2008

What the...?

So a Tuesday NIGHT ride draws a good crowd? Last night, Doog and I planned on meeting at 6 for a lazy loop of the Fort. Coco, Mulo, NID and Nut showed and we had an even half dozen. We started off slow enough, but I think Mulo's hot latin blood was running a bit thick, due to the 'cold'...it was 50 degrees...! He looked like he was wearing every article of clothing he owned and was rocking the 'Arkansas shoe covers'...(duct tape)!
About 3/4 of the way out Dixie, Mulo decided to warm himself and lit the fuse. From this point on, it was full gas for the rest of the loop. I sat up and let a gap open before the top of Dixie, thinking (incorrectly) that they'd sit up after the turn. I wanted to chase a gap and push a little bit. Well, they didn't sit up, went hard up the wall and I was forced to chase HARD. I was plenty warm after that though! How many times have you guys seen me big ring up the wall? Not GD many!!!
The pace stayed high and we all stayed together for the rest of the ride.
Doog and NID turned for home and the rest of us rode the the neighborhood. Mulo got attacked by a pile a yard debris on the side of the road...don't ride in the front, in the dark, if you can't see...
It was a good ride...fast...a bit hard and not terribly cold.

No comments: