05 October 2008

Weekend

Saturday met us with cool temps. I love this time of year other than the fact that I can't figure out how to dress. 55 at the start...75 at the end...
We started out through the Fort and picked up Casey and Rob K on Marion. Trez and Poindexter met us at the gate on Wildcat. We did a kind of modified loop out through the flat and into the Swamp. After the stop @ the GMart, I decided to test out a couple of the dirt sections, and most of the group decided to follow. I was shocked! Of course, those who didn't follow used lame-o excuses that held no water.
The first section was really smooth and fast. Doogie and I stayed together, ahead of the rest, at @40kmh for the stretch. The second was a wee bit rougher and I think the group was shocked that I dove into the dirt corner as fast as I did.
We did 2x Homey and rode in together. It was a quality Saturday ride. 75km and 2:45 on the bike.
Sunday's "Il Prof" ride went off, even though both he and TVH were out of town. It was faster than usual, but another good ride. We pieced together a route that included bits of about 6 other rides. We stayed together and had another really good ride. 85km and 2:45 ride time. No stop at the GMart...and I brought money today...shocking!

I can tell I've been lazy for the last three weeks...time to start riding again. I'm tired and my legs are soooore right now.

We're riding road on Tuesday night inside the Fort. Meet @ 6 at the circle. You will likely need lights.

No comments: