26 October 2008

Weekend rides

So Saturday, Doog and I loaded up and went out to the N.E. to do an 'easy' ride with Bond, Eric C. and Timberlake (yes, Justin, that's your new nickname!). It was wet, and that was the highlight of my ride. While the company and the terrain were fabulous (we did a short loop around Lake Wateree), I was cycling's equivalent of a cicada shell. I didn't feel great when we took off, but figured I'd get better as we went. Wrong answer...
It was one of those days that should have been utterly enjoyable, but in reality, sucked a mile a ditch water. I bonked! It wasn't a call-the-wife-to-come-and-find-me kind of bonk, but I was probably 30 minutes from it.
I got home and drank a gallon of Gatorade and ate pretty much everything in the kitchen that wasn't a cabinet or appliance. Another gallon of water and 1/2 the baked spaghetti I made and I felt human again. Of course, I didn't sleep Saturday night as I was up to use the bathroom every 2 hours...but I was hydrated.
Il Prof's ride went off this morning @ it's normal time. We had a big group with PV out in force. The weather was perfect, the group was good and the route was considerably lees circuitous than last week. I felt almost normal, but could feel the lingering effects of Saturday's deathmarch.
It was nice to put a couple of long days back to back, bonk notwithstanding. The Cannondale rides great. Smooth, stiff and stable. I think the Ridley may actually be a bit harder edged/twitchy...weird...

Ride Tuesday night @ the gate 6:00 SHARP. Lights if you have them!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ugh I wanna go! wait.. I can't! UGh