19 October 2008

Sunday

Il Prof's ride went off at it's normal time with a good group, which included some old faces that we haven't seen for a while and a couple of new faces. It was good to see Ward again after a few years. Needless to say, he was on a new bike and it was niiice. Nothing says lovin' like a Colnago Extreme Power and Campag Record.
Anyway, we did a circuitous route (being kind) through Lower Richland and back through the first part of Double Homey to Bluff. About 1/2 way down Bluff, some asshole in a hurry to get to church passed us close and almost caused a head-on collision with an oncoming car. The front of the line checked up and the accordian began to play. The tune ended with Crusty touching wheels with the new guy and going down in the middle of Bluff Road. Fortunately, he wasn't hurt and scrambled off the road before getting pancaked. Nothing broken, but the old boy got some rash on his knee, hip, elbow, hand and HEAD! When I crash, I usually cuss AFTER I hit the ground. Crusty, being an old Pro-Dog, got the perfunctory MFer out on the way down!!! Impressive!
While he got his wits about him, I changed his flat...the second of the day (Il Prof...buy some new tires!).
The two new guys rode off together and the rest of us pedaled home at a snail's pace.
I guess I was tired or whatever, but it seemed like a LONG three hour ride this morning.

No rides for me until Thursday. The H.O. is going out of town tomorrow and not returning until Wednesday night. I love the M.T.s, but single-parenting is hard freaking work!

No comments: